Community Forum
Home Page * Home Page Home Page
  Register
Login 

Delete all board cookies

Contact Us | All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to Battlezone 1 Forum!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Home Page Home Page  [ 15 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Windows 7
PostPosted: February 22nd, 2010, 2:41 am 

hello, this is my first post.

im having some trouble running bz on windows 7, i have seen your other post and have tried it all, still nothing.

what my problem is, is i install everything hit play but nothing loads... dose anyone have any idea what's going wrong?

(also ive tried the compatibility thing to xp but still nothing) :( :( :(

Post subject: Re: Windows 7
PostPosted: February 22nd, 2010, 3:03 am 

Mshkilla wrote:
i install everything hit play but nothing loads...
Explain this in greater detail. You got to the menu? At what point does "nothing load"? Are you playing single player?

PostPosted: February 23rd, 2010, 1:19 am 

ok, i get to the menu were u first put in the cd, hit play and nothing loads, just nothing

PostPosted: February 23rd, 2010, 1:36 am 

You're using CD version of the game? Wow, who knows what problems it has...

Start with Battlezone 1998 Installer, it installs Battlezone 1.4 with all available patches and fixes already applied. As a bonus, CD is not required unless you want game music and intro/outro/credits videos.

We can't help you unless you use the latest version of Battlezone, which is 1.4.

PostPosted: February 23rd, 2010, 4:45 am 

no w8, i meant the menu were u first put in the cd (just saying that so u know what menu im going on about), i have the installer and installed it all

PostPosted: February 23rd, 2010, 10:00 am 

Um... OK... what happens when you click on BZ shortcut from Start Menu or Desktop?

PostPosted: February 24th, 2010, 4:31 pm 

same, nothing happens...

PostPosted: February 25th, 2010, 7:03 am 

OK, was just making sure that you didn't have 2 versions of BZ. Strange that you can Launch Battlezone 1998 with the CD menu. With my CD menu, it asks me to install even though I have Battlezone 1998 installed. Did you install Battlezone 1998 right over top your CD installation in C:\Program Files\Activision folder or did you install Battlezone 1998 to the default installer location, which is C:\Program Files\Battlezone 1998?

PostPosted: March 22nd, 2010, 7:38 pm 

I've exactly the same problem. No one of all the shortcuts or icons run (when i push on them, nothing happends). The folder is OK. What can I do?

Thanks.

PostPosted: March 23rd, 2010, 8:59 am 

try it in win xp mode if it dident work (if you are using your own cd) go in 2 your shlash folder and then run splash.exe if it dident work try 2 run it in /d3d -win

PostPosted: March 23rd, 2010, 4:20 pm 

Sorry, snakeye, but what is /d3d -win?

I've tried to launch the installer, and it rules, BUT when I push on Install, it doesn't rule anymore (the screen gets black). The same happends to me when i push "Play". Thats my problem, and i can't solve it. I'M using the spanish version of Battlezone, so i'll try if it rules with the English version. Please help.

C U LateR !

PostPosted: March 24th, 2010, 3:28 pm 

ok, in the english version it rules without problems, but i'm spanish, so, please, can you watch what happends tp the spanish version?

Thanks a lot if you can make it run!!!!

PostPosted: March 24th, 2010, 3:37 pm 

There's no difference in language version, at least not playable one. It must be something you did with the options or render.

Bz on Win7 was enigma few months ago, but since recent everything is pretty clear. If you have ATI card there will be no BZ for you, at least not in full screen with 3D on (exception is SP). If you have Nvidia, you will be able to play but you'll experience minor graphical errors (like white dots on the radar and in units menu).

SnakeEye was talking about launching BZ in a window mode, but if you have BZ98 installer, you already have window shortcut under "Troubleshooting". You should know that window mode ins't really playable on a strong machines (laggy, FPS bug...).

Basically, Win7 and Bz don't work well or don't work at all. All you guys can do is wait on a 1.5 patch. In meantime, check Bz1.5beta installer available there.

PostPosted: June 20th, 2011, 5:43 am 

hey-all, i just tryed installing battlezone 1 from my cd to my windows 7 laptop, and got nowhere with it, so i dounloaded the 1.5 beta and installed that but i have no audio, its a bit hard to play it without audio, just wondering if theres something im doing wrong??? Thx

PostPosted: June 20th, 2011, 5:45 am 

Something is wrong with 1.5, it mutes the CD audio for me. On other systems it might be muting all audio. The next build should fix it. If you have an integrated graphics card, you should also be able to join us just fine in Battlezone 1.4. I'm sure you know this, but 1.5 isn't done yet. So if possible, play both for now. :D

Home Page Home Page  [ 15 posts ] 

Contact Us | All times are UTC